We would like to thank all members of our community for their outstanding support and the Dana Shores Women’s Club for their collaborative efforts. Volunteers’ input, their time, business sponsorship, and community funding are critical to keeping Dana Shores one of the most sought-after waterfront communities in Tampa. Together, we continue to accomplish a great deal.
Vision — Including Ongoing Operations
- Continue to grow our volunteer base and regularly disseminate important information to the neighborhood via the Shore Lines newsletter, email, text alerts for emergency situations, the Dana Shores Neighbors-Only Facebook page, and the website. (ONGOING)
- Collect $100 annual dues per household and judiciously direct these funds toward improvements within and around Dana Shores. (ONGOING)
- Continue to supplement our dues with grants as we find funding opportunities that align with our community needs and qualifications. (ONGOING)
- Sponsor and coordinate fundraising events and other opportunities (e.g., Bi-Annual Neighborhood Business Auction, Raffle and a Rocky Point Golf Tournament, and website advertising). (ONGOING)
Completed Items — Community Highlights
- Forged a strong partnership with the Dana Shores Women’s Club.
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive communication strategy. Increased use of the neighborhood newsletter and grew neighborhood email distribution list nearly 8-fold over the last few years from 65 addresses to roughly 500 addresses. Developed the DanaShores.com website and redesigned our online social media presence. Worked with the Dana Shores Women’s Club to consolidate and strengthen the Street Representative position. Designed the New Neighbor Brochure to help welcome and onboard new residents.
- Applied for and have been awarded several grants valued at more than $35,000 from Hillsborough County, FDOT, and other sources. These grants supplement residents’ annual dues, allowing us to do more while keeping residents’ costs down. Grants have helped us plant fifteen additional oaks along Dana Shores Drive, add the Dana Shores sign and logo, develop our website, improve landscape borders, rent dumpsters each year for community clean-ups, add irrigation at Doral, and offer bicycle helmets. Upcoming funding is also available for bat houses, additional tree plantings, and a Rocky Point sign at Independence and George Road. Due to strict parameters on how specific grants can be used and the typical requirement for matching investments, grants will not and cannot replace our annual dues.