Welcome Captains! Thanks for participating in our annual boat parade! Here are a few reminders and pointers for the parade:
- 6:00pm – Meet in the Bahama Breeze basin
- 6:30pm – Boat #1 will sound the horn, make one lap for boat line up and then proceed on the route
- *We are estimating the total route time will be 2 hours
- Start: Bahama Breeze basin to the Doral/wooded land canal closest to the airport (Most boats will not have an issue, but if you have a larger boat, try to stay to the West side when turning around in the first canal. The East side has a mud bottom and is just a bit shallower than the rest of the canal.)
- Continue through the Dana Shores canals but skip the Versailles / Fontainebleau canal (it is just too narrow to navigate multiple boats at night)
- Continue to the Americana / Pelican canal
- Continue to the Pelican Island / Post Rocky Point apartments canal
- Continue to the Pelican Island / Mangroves canal
- Continue to the Pelican Island / Sweetwater canal (turn before it gets too skinny)
- Continue back around Pelican Island
- End: the Bahama Breeze basin
Important Notes and Neighborhood Feedback:
Many of our neighbors are having their holiday parties at the same time. We are also having a dock decorating contest at the same time. That said, we are part of their party so a few things to keep in mind:
- Please review the guidelines and instructions for the boat parade found here: https://danashores.com/boatparadeguidelines/
- Please travel slow so all of the houses can say hi and also vote…slightly faster than idle will be ideal (approx. 4mph)
- Please stay together in the group (if you have to take a bathroom break, please try and catch up to the parade)
- Please travel to the ends of each canal – the houses are expecting us and we are part of their party and vice versa
- Please monitor VHF Channel 69 during the parade to make sure we’re all on the same page.
- For voting, please display your lit boat number on the starboard side of your boat facing starboard and outward.
- Tides (safety harbor station) high tide is at 9:01pm is not dropping very much and the tides continue to rise to their peak at 6:12am so you shouldn’t have an issue getting your boat back on the lift that night.
- Temperature – estimated to be a low of 59 degrees with a real feel of 57…dress warm.
- Battery power/DC to AC converter for your lights – LED lights are obviously recommended and an extra power supply is helpful.
- Return your signs after the event at the Holiday Happy Hour or make alternative arrangements by emailing email@example.com.