“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that DS has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We employ user-defined passwords along with restricted-page access on the private portions of DanaShores.com to reduce unwanted email. You are responsible for setting and maintaining the security of your password.
- We do provide email proxy and relay services to reduce unwanted email.
- We do not run ads, other than the classifieds posted by our users.
- If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us immediately following the instructions on the Contact Us page.
- You are responsible for reviewing the privacy policies of any third-party sites linked to from DS.
DATA WE MAY USE TO PROVIDE/IMPROVE OUR SERVICES; TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A PERSONALIZED EXPERIENCE ON DS; TO CONTACT YOU ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT, THE COMMUNITY, AND DS; AND/OR TO COMBAT FRAUD/ABUSE INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- data you post on or send via DS, and/or send us directly or via other sites
- user logins and user-defined passwords
- credit card data, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. SSL).
- data you submit or provide (e.g. name, address, email, phone, fax, photos, tax ID).
- web log data (e.g. web pages viewed, access times, IP address, HTTP headers).
- data collected via cookies, web beacons, unique identifiers, and similar technologies (e.g. search data and “favorites” lists, actions you take on DS or e-mail content).
- data about your device(s) (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage, plugins).
- data from 3rd parties (e.g. phone type, geo-location via IP address).
- business listings, business references, bidding, buying, or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- information you provide related to a Neighborhood Watch incident (such as suspicious activity, crime, lost item/pet, found item/pet, or other types of reports) or other neighborhood watch content you generate that is connected to your account as a result of your providing a response or engaging in a discussion thread.
- survey responses, lists, inquiries, and other discussion items you may engage in (such as the Rocky Point Boat Parade or related dock decorating contests)
- input on neighborhood-related initiatives, issues, opportunities, and related matters
- membership and financial information (such as association enrollment, account credits, credit card or bank account numbers)
- other content that you generate, or that is connected to your account (such as liking the Facebook page, emails you use to contact anyone associated with the site)
- other information you may provide through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community discussions, chats, responses to invitations, flagging of material, dispute resolution, inquiries, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding DS
- additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected
- information about your interaction with DS, your communications with us, and your use of DS. This is information we receive from the devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use DS, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, complete transactions, or when you otherwise use DS or correspond with us regarding DS. This information comprises but may not be limited to the following: Device ID or unique identifier; device type; and computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
DATA WE STORE
- We retain data as needed for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely, but we can make no guarantees.
- You may access and update certain data about yourself via your account login.
CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH WE MAY DISCLOSE USER DATA
- to vendors and service providers (e.g. payment processors) working on our behalf.
- to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal obligations.
- to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to DS
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of users of DS or the general public.
- with your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users, if you are listed as the reference or owner of a business, if you list a classified advertisement, and if you post or report information related to Neighborhood Watch), in which case your name or user ID will be displayed on DS and be visible in some cases to both public and private (i.e., both unregistered and logged in) users.
- in connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets.
- in aggregate/summary form, where it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
UNWANTED OR THREATENING EMAIL
THIRD-PARTY PRIVACY PRACTICES
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are businesses, references, or users on our sites.
By accessing DS or providing us data, you agree we may use and disclose data we collect as described here or as communicated to you, transmit it outside your resident jurisdiction, and store it on servers in the United States. For more information, please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.