Looking outward provides us a better sense of ourselves, our opportunities, and our partners. It changes what we do and how we do it. Instead of just building a strong neighborhood, we have an opportunity to help build a stronger Rocky Point community.
Vision — Including Ongoing Operations
- Continue to increase broad community participation in local government boards, councils, committees, educational opportunities, and advisory groups (e.g., Government Leadership University and Hillsborough County Neighborhood Conference). (ONGOING)
- Share best practices and identify synergies with nearby communities on a regular basis. (ONGOING)
- Create opportunities for increased interaction among residents of nearby neighborhoods (e.g., Rocky Point Golf Scramble, neighborhood party, joint Town ‘N Country improvement initiatives). (ONGOING)
Completed Items — Community Highlights
- Established positive relationships with surrounding businesses, governmental offices, organizations, and neighborhoods, including Bay Crest, Bayport Plaza, Double Tree, The Godfrey Hotel & Cabanas, Hillsborough County Commissioner Murman’s office and other Hillsborough County Commissioners, Hillsborough County Office of Neighborhood Relations, Island Club at Rocky Point, Pelican Island, Post Bay at Rocky Point Apartments, Post Rocky Point Apartments, Rocky Point Golf Course, Sweetwater, Tampa Bay Youth Football League , Tampa City Council, Tampa International Airport, Tampa Sports Authority, Taylor Morrison and The Cove at Rocky Point, Twelve Oaks, Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church, Westshore Alliance, Westin, and various governmental offices.
- Expanded neighborhood representation on Tampa Airport’s Community Noise Consortium, Tampa Sports Authority’s Citizens Advisory Board, and the Courtney Campbell Scenic Highway Corridor Advisory Committee. Between 2016 and 2017, we have seen additional investments in our area. A recent commitment of $1.2M has been made toward an amenities package for the causeway trail. FDOT is investing $13.5M to build a span in the causeway that promotes better water quality on our side of the bridge. Rocky Point Golf Course has constructed an outdoor patio, has near-term plans to upgrade their kitchen, and their recent investment of $700k in their greens, tee boxes, and bunkers has also improved their financial performance.
- Since 2013, we have attended the annual Hillsborough County Neighborhood Conference. We also served as a guest speaker in 2015.