Looking outward provides us a better sense of ourselves, our opportunities, and our partners. It changes what we do and how we do it. Instead of just building a strong neighborhood, we have an opportunity to help build a stronger Rocky Point community.
Vision — Including Ongoing Operations
- Continue to increase broad community participation in local government boards, councils, committees, educational opportunities, and advisory groups (e.g., Government Leadership University and Hillsborough County Neighborhood Conference). (ONGOING)
- Share best practices and identify synergies with nearby communities on a regular basis. (ONGOING)
- Create opportunities for increased interaction among residents of nearby neighborhoods (e.g., Rocky Point Golf Scramble, neighborhood party, joint Town ‘N Country improvement initiatives). (ONGOING)
Completed Items — Community Highlights
- Established positive relationships with surrounding businesses, governmental offices, organizations, and neighborhoods, including Bay Crest, Bayport Plaza, Double Tree, Hillsborough County Commissioner Cohen’s office and other Hillsborough County Commissioners, Hillsborough County Office of Neighborhood Relations, Island Club at Rocky Point, Pelican Island, Post Bay at Rocky Point Apartments, Post Rocky Point Apartments, Rocky Point Golf Course, Sweetwater, Tampa Bay Youth Football League , Tampa City Council, Tampa International Airport, Tampa Sports Authority, Taylor Morrison and The Cove at Rocky Point, Twelve Oaks, Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church, Westshore Alliance, Westin, and various governmental offices.
- Expanded neighborhood representation on Tampa Airport’s Community Noise Consortium, Tampa Sports Authority’s Citizens Advisory Board, and the Courtney Campbell Scenic Highway Corridor Advisory Committee. Between 2016 and 2017, we have seen additional investments in our area. The County invested $1.2M in amenities for the causeway trail. FDOT invested $13.5M to build a span in the causeway that has promoted better water quality on our side of the bridge. Rocky Point Golf Course has constructed an outdoor patio, has near-term plans to upgrade their kitchen, and their investment of $700k in their greens, tee boxes, and bunkers has been a great hit with golfers.
- Since 2013, we have attended the annual Hillsborough County Neighborhood Conference with the exception of 2020. We also served as a guest speaker in 2015.
Although we make a concerted effort to outline a clear and doable vision, the above vision is subject to change based on new ideas, resource availability, project feasibility, and other factors. Please let us know if you have questions or would like to offer input and related assistance.
Comments are closed.