Guidelines and Instructions
The annual Holiday Dock Decorating Contest will be held this season with the following dates:
Entry Application Period: 11/1/2019 – 12/8/2019
Judging & Community Vote Period: 12/20/2019
Winners Announced: evening of 12/20/2019
Please read these guidelines and instructions and if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participation is open to all residents in Dana Shores and Pelican Island with a dock on a waterway.
- Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
- Neighborhood board members are not eligible to participate.
- Entry Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Sunday, December 8, 2019.
- Contest is for dock decorations only, including decorations that are visible from the waterways. Judging will be done from outside the residence via the waterways.
- Judging will be based on “canal appeal” as viewed from a boat or across the canal only. Therefore only those decorations located on the water side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from all viewing angles). Judges will not enter the property to view additional decorations.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated dock posted on DanaShores.com, the community Facebook page, and/or other marketing materials for the Dana Shores Civic Association as well as in the Shore Lines newsletter. Participant agrees that there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
- Judging criteria will include a) Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations; b) Storyline or theme; c) Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and d) Overall presentation.
- Voting will occur live at the Holiday Happy Hour on Friday, December 20.
- Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated from 6:00pm – 9:00pm each night from Saturday-Thursday, 12/14-12/19.
- Participants must display an Entry Number Sign, provided by the Dana Shores Civic Association. This sign should be placed in a conspicuous location on the dock, nearest the waterway so that the judges may see it.
- Participants must also submit a photo or video of their decorated dock to email@example.com by Wednesday, December 18th to be included in the vote.
- Two prizes will be awarded: One 1st prize of a gift basket with a minimum value of $100 and one 2nd prize of a gift basket with a minimum value of $75.
- Winners will be announced at the Holiday Happy Hour on Friday, December 20th at Rocky Point Golf Course which begins at 6:30pm. Winners need not be present to win and if not present, will be notified via phone or other means.
- Be creative, be festive, and have fun!