Guidelines and Instructions
The annual Holiday Dock Decorating Contest will be held this season with the following dates:
Entry Application Period: 10/1/2020 – 12/19/2020
Judging & Community Vote Period: 12/20/2020 – 12/23/2020
Please read these guidelines and instructions and if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Participation is open to all residents in Dana Shores and Pelican Island with a dock on a waterway.
- Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
- Neighborhood board members are not eligible to participate.
- Entry Applications must be received no later than 5pm on December 19, 2020.
- Contest is for dock decorations only, including decorations that are visible from the waterways. Judging will be done from outside the residence via the waterways.
- Judging will be based on “canal appeal” as viewed from a boat or across the canal only. Therefore only those decorations located on the water side of the property will be judged (corner lots will be judged from all viewing angles). Judges will not enter the property to view additional decorations.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated dock posted on DanaShores.com, the community Facebook page, and/or other marketing materials for the Dana Shores Civic Association as well as in the Shore Lines newsletter. Participant agrees that there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
- Judging criteria will include a) Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations; b) Storyline or theme; c) Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc.; and d) Overall presentation.
- Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated from 6:00pm – 9:00pm each night during the voting period.
- Participants must display an Entry Number Sign, provided by the Dana Shores Civic Association. This sign should be placed in a conspicuous location on the dock, nearest the waterway so that the judges may see it.
- Participants must also submit a photo or video of their decorated dock to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 19th to be included in the vote.
- Two prizes will be awarded: One 1st prize of a gift basket with a minimum value of $100 and one 2nd prize of a gift basket with a minimum value of $75.
- Winners will be announced via email and on Facebook on December 24th at 7:30 p.m. and featured in the January issue of the Shore Lines.
- Be creative, be festive, and have fun!