We enjoy strong community participation, with well over one hundred neighborhood volunteers engaged in different community projects each year. Our neighbors offer a broad palette of strengths, and there is a place for each person to help shape our future.
Given our broad scope and participation, we rely on three values to bring us together and guide our actions: Collaboration, Execution, and Working for the Majority.
We are fortunate to have great partners in the Dana Shores Women’s Club. Collectively, we offer something for everyone: a sense of community, enhanced safety, respect to our military, increased property values, care for the environment, altruistic endeavors, and historical preservation. Based on our collective efforts in 2014 and 2015, Dana Shores was recognized for the Best Environmental Program from the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners and the Office of Neighborhood Relations. In 2016, we were recognized for the best Neighborhood Communication.
Our vision is based on community input and includes initiatives across nine strategic areas.
- Underground aerial utilities (Read more)
- Enhance Dana Shores entranceways
- Coordinate county efforts to repair / update neighborhood infrastructure
Quality of Life
- Promote and protect public safety, property values, and quality of life in Rocky Point
- Improve public lands and waterways that surround Dana Shores
- Foster appropriate planning to link the Courtney Campbell Causeway Trail with future trails
Civic-Related Community Service
- Assist individual neighbors
- Strengthen and expand relationships within the community and funding for initiatives
- Forge strong relationships with surrounding communities, businesses, and government