We enjoy strong community participation, with well over one hundred neighborhood volunteers engaged in different community projects each year. Our neighbors offer a broad palette of strengths, and there is a place for each person to help shape our future.
Given our broad scope and participation, we rely on three values to bring us together and guide our actions: Collaboration, Execution, and Working for the Majority.
We are fortunate to have great partners in local government, our surrounding communities, and nearby businesses. Collectively, we offer something for everyone: a sense of community, enhanced safety, respect to our military, increased property values, care for the environment, altruistic endeavors, and historical preservation.
The Dana Shores Civic Association is a nonprofit 501(c)(4) corporation with a rich history originating back to 1977. Within the last decade, the association has been recognized by the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners and the Office of Neighborhood Relations with awards in 2014 for Best Environmental Program, in 2015 for Best Communications, and in 2019 for Neighborhood Arts as well as Most Effective Board. In 2020, we were selected as the winner of the Southwest District’s Environmental Stewardship Award by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Our vision is based on community input and includes initiatives across nine strategic areas.
- Underground aerial utilities (learn more)
- Enhance neighborhood entranceways
- Coordinate county efforts to repair / update neighborhood infrastructure
Quality of Life
- Promote and protect public safety, property values, and quality of life in Rocky Point
- Improve public lands and waterways that surround Dana Shores
- Foster appropriate planning to link the Courtney Campbell Scenic Highway Trail with future trails
- Arrange, coordinate, and host community and annual holiday events
Civic-Related Community Service
- Assist individual neighbors
- Strengthen and expand relationships within the community and funding for initiatives
- Forge strong relationships with surrounding communities, businesses, and government